cygwn uses for public document retrieval

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Oct 10 14:47:00 GMT 2006

Carlo Florendo wrote:
> Mike Marchywka wrote:
>> Hi,
>> ( this was originally rejected from main list, thought to be
>> marginally relevant here)
>> ( I searched the archives, this hasn't come up before and the question is
>> at the bottom- sorry for the long intro. I posted this on cygwin because
>> I run my scripts on cygwin and cygwin illustrates the relationship
>> between
>> graphiically oriented things like windoze and information oriented
>> systems
>> like linux. )
>
> <snip>
>
> I don't know what got you here, but don't be surprised if you get tons
> of hippos responding to your mail.  This list is not for technical
> questions.  But if you want to have fun, you may want to lurk.

See threads http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00313.html and
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00312.html if you're still
curious about that "what".

Mike, FWIW I thought about answering this and decided I didn't have
enough to offer, but Carlo's observations essentially match my own; this
sort of thing can sometimes be done on a site-by-site basis, but that's
usually the best you get. I have not, however, talked to anyone about
more automation-friendly access. (Honestly, I have not dealt with
government sites and some of the ones I have played with probably
wouldn't be very happy about auto-grabbing :-) ...especially the ones
that run ads; not that WebWasher doesn't kill those anyway.)

--
Matthew
KDE: Desktop Excellence