Latest science news from the arXiv.

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:05:00 GMT 2010

  Apparently, a cow is a simple oscillator, and a herd of them is a field-full
of coupled oscillators:

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25171/

  I think we can all safely agree that this would imply that the hippo is an
astable.

  Also, does this mean that if you could persuade just one cow in a field to
repeatedly lie down and stand up at the exact resonant frequency of the
coupling, you could get runaway oscillations until the entire herd were
frantically leaping in the air and then falling to their knees as fast as they
could?

    cheers,
      DaveK