building and linking with a dll

Mike Goslin mike.goslin@rd.wdi.disney.com.rd.disney.com
Fri Jan 21 14:20:00 GMT 2000

I can't successfully build and link with a .dll.  I've found 2 versions
of the "5-step program" instructions to create a .dll and its' .a using
ld and dlltool, but I still get "undefined reference" errors from
ld.  Is there a simple example somewhere I could take a look
at?  More specifically, I'd love more information on:
- the correct link lines (and dlltool lines),
- how to generate a .def file automatically (if this is possible),
- where to put an entry point function for the .dll so that -e <name>@12
will pick it up successfully (is it necessary to have an entry point at
all?),
- and whether __declspec(dllexport) is still necessary to export classes
and global variables (or if the .def file is sufficient).
Thanks,
Mike
--
  Mike Goslin                                       mike.goslin@disney.com
  Walt Disney Imagineering - VR Studio              (818)544-3015