auto tab complete

jwaterbrook jwaterbrook@keyww.com
Fri Aug 22 19:34:00 GMT 2003

In the case of sftp, It would make more sense that the client be the one to support it.
However, if the user never has to get a directory listing, and/or the directory is cluttered with many files, the client would be doing a lot of work for nothing.  I finally got the chance to sftp from a linux box to a linux box, and as I suspected, there is NO completion.  So I wouldn't expect sftp-server for cygwin to work.  However, I like the client idea, even if it does require more client work.  So I will look for one.
Yes, it is true, I'm using sftp for security reasons, but also because it only uses ONE port, very useful for tunneling.
FYI:
"now ncftp is yet another ftp client" - actually "yafc" is yet another ftp client and it works pretty good, but doesn't support sftp.  ncftp doesn't support it either. But I'll keep looking.