Xemacs Beta Build 21.5-b16

David A. Cobb Superbiskit@cox.net
Tue Mar 9 12:18:00 GMT 2004

I tried to bring up the "beta" build of xemacs-21.5-b16 today and got a
bit of a surprise.

The "gamma" or mainline version: launching with $DISPLAY unset comes up
using MS Windows - as advertised.
The 21.5-b16, as Volker built it, with $DISPLAY unset, comes up in
non-windowing mode, i.e. it uses the rxvt terminal window.

Now, that's not really terrible.  I prefer the graphical but this does
work.
But even so, there is a glitch here.  When I exit the Xemacs, the rxvt
session gets closed -- my whole login session is gone.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.