Aspell - Ispell

Andy Rushton ajr1@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 14:16:00 GMT 2004

Gregory Borota wrote:

>But still I *personally* would prefer if  Pierre A. Humblet's Ispell port
>would be part of cygwin distribution too as his ispell is much faster than
>current aspell (at least for english). I tried to use aspell it just makes me
>mad, it's so extremely slow. I had to switch back to cygwin ispell from:
>ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/V1.1/ispell-3.2.06-cygwin-1.3-bin.tar.gz

I would support this for another reason: ispell is integrated with the
various emacsen and gives my such features as flyspell (on-the-fly spell
check). I just did a clean reinstall of Cygwin and spent a while
tracking down the latest ispell release - it would be som much better if
it was a Cygwin module. Or is it possible to use aspell within emacs? I
can't find any documentation to say yes or no to this.

Andy