cygheap problems with 1.5.11

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 27 22:18:00 GMT 2004

Not sure what happened, but yesterday I was compiling diacanvas2, and
when I ran make check I got cygheap errors when running the test
programs.  Now since then more and more apps are giving me the same
error.  Searching the mail archives brought up a thread from April, but
I don't think it's relevant here, as my Windows is up-to-date.

I tried running rebaseall several times (without errors), rebooting,
reinstalled the affected programs, and also tried the latest snapshot,
but nothing helps.  This is the first time I've had such problems on
cygwin.  For example:

$ gpg --version
      12 [main] ? 1212 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891528
bytes of space for cygwin's heap (0x61780000 <0x4A0000>) in child, Win32
error 487
C:\cygwin\bin\gpg.exe (1212): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress
0x61780000, m.RegionSize 0x3C0000, m.State 0x10000

cygcheck output is attached.

Yaakov