Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:31:00 GMT 2006

On 8/10/06, mwoehlke wrote:
> Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> > Yes, it's sort-of my fault. I just have a Perl script that chunks the
> > newlib libc.info files into faux man pages.
>
> Ah, ok, makes sense. Too bad newlib doesn't have proper manpages, in
> that case. Although am I understanding that newlib itself doesn't have
> *any* manpages, meaning a: I need to be fixing their INFO, and b: any
> manpages should be sent this way after all?

Well, I'd be for fixing the newlib files rather than replacing them. The issue
with replacing them with our own custom versions or with Linux ones is that
the documentation no longer comes from the actual upstream libc (or worse--
in the case of Linux it comes from a possibly incompatible *different*
upstream libc).

If you'd like to add better *roff formatting to the perl script, it's
in the cygwin-doc
src package. A warning, though, it's a mess.