Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Questions about porting from Linux to Windows...

trouba_1@hotmail.fr wrote:

Hello

I am in the process of porting a huge application (> 700 000 lines of code ; C ; Unix/Linux) to Windows.

I will not be using cygwin to port the GUI, but the project is based on lots of static libraries. Thus it prompted me with several questions, both technical and commercial.

I will post the commercial ones to the licensing mailing list.

Thus here are the technical questions :

a) Are my own static libraries ( .a) compiled with cgiwin accepted by GUI builders like Visual C++, DevC++, CodeBlocks etc.. ?

You are going way beyond the scope of this list. A mingw .a library could be linked into an MSVC build, since it tries to avoid conflicting run-time library dependencies. Whether all those builders accept it with the different name, or allow you to rename it, is up to you.
It would be worth while to read the FAQ mentioned at the bottom of the mail. Consider also the licensing implications, which you appear to want to ignore.