[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Aug 29 19:02:00 GMT 2016

On 1/23/2016 6:30 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> This is a rebuild of the 24.5-2 packages, patched to allow native
> Windows paths like C:\foo or C:/foo in situations where file names are
> expected.

For the sake of the archives, I'm announcing here that I consider this
experimental release to be a failure[*].  I won't be including the patch
in the upcoming release of emacs-25.1.

Ken

[*] It only allows Win32 paths in a few situations.  For example, they
can't be used as arguments to 'C-x d'.  Extensive changes to the emacs
code would be required in order to allow them everywhere, and I don't
think it's worth the trouble or the risk of breaking something.