Missing 'sphinx-build' command from python37-sphinx package

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:03:26 GMT 2020

On 11.08.2020 13:21, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11.08.2020 10:56, Xavier Delaruelle wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I confirm that my documentation build is ok (log at [1]) with the
>> following extension package installed on top of python37-sphinx
>>
>> python37-sphinxcontrib-serializinghtml
>> python37-sphinxcontrib-applehelp
>> python37-sphinxcontrib-devhelp
>> python37-sphinxcontrib-htmlhelp
>> python37-sphinxcontrib-qthelp
>>
>> Looking at Sphinx project sources, it seems that even if these
>> *builders* have been moved aside in separate projects starting version
>> 2, they are still mandatory for sphinx core to operate. Looking at the
>> Sphinx.egg-info/requires.txt file in source tarball, we can find at
>> the beginning:
>>
>> sphinxcontrib-applehelp
>> sphinxcontrib-devhelp
>> sphinxcontrib-jsmath
>> sphinxcontrib-htmlhelp
>> sphinxcontrib-serializinghtml
>> sphinxcontrib-qthelp
>>
>> So to honor those requirements, I think the sphinx cygport file should
>> be updated like in the attached patch.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>>
>> [1]
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/xdelaruelle/modules/builds/34591628/job/6u76k02d4uriq91q
>>

> Hi Xavier,
>
> please bottom post on this mailing list.
>
> Noted, but sphinxcontrib-jsmath is not available so this requires.txt
> is not 100% accurate anyway
>
> Regards
> Marco

Hi Xavier,
updated dependencies for sphinx, you should see a pull also for

    python3X-sphinxcontrib-jsmath

no need to update the cygport, if the python packages
are available they are automatically added to the package dependencies

I am now checking all requires.txt for proper package pull

Sorry for inconvenience
Marco