[EXTERNAL] Re: svn crashes when connection to server refused

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Jan 18 02:03:30 GMT 2022

> Subversion seems to have along list of upstream issues
>
> can you check if the issue was already noted and solved upstream ?
> If so I can deploy a new release.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Looks like 1.14.1 dated Feb 2021 is the latest official release, per their website;
and that's what we have in Cygwin.

I also tried to check out and build it right from the repository, but there were some
issues....  Once finally built I got an error message that the https:// scheme wasn’t
supported.  I guess I missed some configuration peculiarities for Cygwin (but also,
I noticed that for some reason the source code treats Cygwin as Windows -- particularly
how the pathname is assumed to have the drive letters, and that is really baffling --
so I am not exactly sure what was meant by that by the SVN developers).

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI