Readline not working correctly with cygwin1.dll in same directory

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Jun 5 16:38:22 GMT 2022

On 6/5/2022 11:04 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 14:17:27 +0000
> "Mexis, Nico" wrote:
>> However, I still have one follow-up question about this:
>>
>> Is there a way to get rid of the need for the terminfo folder or change its location?
>>
>> It would be ideal to not need to include it in the distribution at all or such that it will be in the same folder as cygwin1.dll.
>
> If environment variable TERMINFO is set, cygncurses*.dll searches
> terminfo from TERMINFO. So it is possible if you have chance to
> set environment variable TERMINFO.
>
> Please refer to 'man terminfo' for more detail.

I would add that the escape sequences needed to cause the
proper editing on the screen depend on the terminal type,
and the information for each kind of terminal is in the
terminfo folder.  So unless you assume a specific terminal
and can properly inform readline, it would seem to me to
be necessary to include terminfo.  Takashi may know more
on this point, of course ...

Best - Eliot Moss