Previously-functional Octave software routine now mysteriously failing - Please help!

Bryan VanSchouwen vanschbm2@gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:27:37 GMT 2023

Hello.

I just tried performing a correlation matrix calculation with
Cygwin's Octave software (having successfully performed this calculation
previously on other similar data sets) using the following commands within
Cygwin:
*****(start of commands)*****
[vansc@LAPTOP-OHN2RCVM
~/PKG_domB_CHESCA_analysis_-_apo-cG-cA-RpcG-RpcA_4_Rp-ligs_manu_-_Jul_2023]$
octave
GNU Octave, version 5.2.0
Copyright (C) 2020 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-pc-cygwin".

Additional information about Octave is available at https://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit https://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read https://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.

octave:1> load dm
octave:2> cdmt = cor(dm.')
octave:3> save dm.octave
*****(end of commands)*****

However, when I tried executing the "cdmt = cor(dm.')" command, I got the
following error message:
octave:2> cdmt = cor(dm.')
error: 'cor' undefined near line 1 column 8
octave:2>

For reference, I have attached a copy of the input "dm" matrix data file
that I was trying to use in the calculations within Octave (see attached
file).

Do you have any idea what is going on here, and if there is a way to fix it
(or work around it)??