Trying to figure out what is wrong in a colleague's Cygwin setup

David Karr davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 19:02:01 GMT 2023

Ok, well, we managed to resolve this, but I don't understand why what we
did would fix this.

In system environment variables in Windows, they added "c:\cygwin64\bin" to
the end of the PATH. That fixes the problem. That just doesn't make any
sense to me. In a Cygwin shell, "/usr/bin" is in the PATH, which is the
same as "c:\cygwin64\bin".